Air/Fuel Separator[Fig. No. 0488]
- Black Polymer
- Air Fuel (A/F) separators are designed to protect canisters from liquid fuel. Vapors pass through the device to the canister while liquids are returned to the fuel tank.
- Perko A/F separators mount using the same "floating bracket" system used on the Perko-Delphi carbon canisters.
- A 0588 series TVV is mounted inside each Perko A/F separator giving it rollover protection, over-pressure relief and the restriction needed to aid in automatic pump shutoff.
- Heat shields are available for use in engine compartment installations.
- Properly installed, A/F separators can replace tank vent valves eliminating the need to provide access to distant parts of the fuel tank.
- Perko's Air Fuel Separator helps solve difficult access problems. Running internal vent lines (in either plastic or aluminum tanks) and replacing the tank vent valves with an air fuel separator eliminates the need to provide access to distant corners of the tank.
- Perko's Air Fuel Separator must be positioned horizontally above the highest level that fuel in the tank can reach during full tilt or storage. The further away from the port/starboard center-line of the tank that the air fuel separator is located, the higher it must be positioned above the tank.